Friday, July 31, 2009

High Speed One & Betfair

I has to go to Earl's Court today so I thought I'd spoil myself and have a go on the High Speed One train from Ebbsfleet to London St.Pancreas. Seventeen minutes from the countryside to the City is nice and quick, and it has the bonus of not having to stop at scumbag areas such as Woolwich, Abbeywood, Deptford etc etc. In fact there are no stops at all.

St.Pancreas Station is all nice and new, but there is a problem - it's the Eurostar terminal so it's full of strange people with too much facial hair, tight jeans and oversized suitcases*, which they leave lying around everywhere. It took me ten minutes to dodge through the crowds and get onto the tube, but that's London I suppose. I worked out I can get from Ebbsfleet to The Empire in Leicester Square in 31 minutes, and to The International in 25 minutes.

Betfair stuck $30 in my dormant account tonight with the condition that I play some poker this weekend. That's the kind of deal I like! It seems to make sense to keep a few accounts with nothing in here and there, as the sites are so desparate for us to be paying the rake they'll even bankroll us in a limited way.

*This blog is not intended to offend any strange people. Your individuality enriches society, and we love you for it.


The Grand Canyon from Guano Point

No comments: