Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back to Reality...

I'm right back into the suburban grind after three weeks of Fantasy Island in Niagara and Vegas. I've been getting out of bed and going to work at 1am as my brain is still in Pacific Time Zone, otherwise things are normal again.

I've been playing a few $6 turbo heads up games and $5 double or nothing sngs on Pokerstars to get me back into grinding online. I've been hitting loads of sets and sucking out on the river but so far I'm only slightly up. My mind isn't really on it due to the jetlag, but it beats mowing the lawn.

I bought some speed cloth, a toke box and slit in Vegas as I'm going to start a 'food contribution rake' in my home games. I've already fitted it all to my poker table so I'm looking forward to the next game. The spread limit cash worked well last time and generated some hefty pots without busting people out, so I'll try that again.

I intend to get down the Empire in the next couple of weeks where I'll try and turn around my run of tournament failures in Vegas. If I see Chuck down there I'll congratulate him after his Main Event heroics. I'll stick a few Vegas and Niagara pics in my next few posts to brighten things up.

Horseshoe Falls

No comments: