Sunday, July 12, 2009

Slow Start in Vegas

So far I've played two low buy in tournaments, one at PH where I finished mid way through the field with a below par performance, and one at Mirage where I finished 16th/37 after my pocket kings were out flopped by AQ with stacks in preflop.

Cash games have been more interesting, yesterday at Bellagio I lost $200 to a player who went all in blind pre flop and made two pair on the river with ten four to beat my top pair. There was another player at the table who said he was a big Internet player, who went all in pre flop blind every hand for $100 or whatever he had won on the previous hand. In the time he was there I picked up nothing to call his all ins, but others did and regularly lost with AK etc to his raggy random cards. It wasn't really a game of poker any more but a feast of bad beats inflicted by someone with no care for the money at all. Even Phil Laak came over to watch the punishment being handed out. Even though I lost I've never laughed so much at a poker table.
I've been making a partial recovery on the cash games, with a $40 win on 4/8 Limit this morning and an $80 win on a 3/6 table at the MGM yesterday.

I've seen some poker stars around, namely Chan, Deeb, Fish, Antonious, Hansen. I admit I get a bit star struck as you don't see these folks at the Empire Leicester Square in the £20 rebuy..
I saw Jamie Gold make a bluff on the river of a Venetian deep stack event and be called by someone with King high. Gold mucked mumbling 'I have to be the worst player ever....' I feel for him winning $12 million and having to do the honourable thing and pay his partner...

Niagara/Vegas Gaming Record
Poker - $570 Down
Craps - $440 Down
Slots - $950 Down
Roulette - $250 Down
Carribean Stud - $30 Down

Total - $2240 Down

No comments: