Friday, June 20, 2008

WSOP Event Cont'd....

Key Hand 5
Level 3, 17 mins left, 3075 chips
I have Q6 in the SB and complete to the BB who checks. Flop comes Q97, I'm first so I bet 700 as I'd like to take the pot without seeing a turn card. The BB pushes for 2500 total so I assume he doesn't want to see a turn either, and that my 6 kicker is probably beat. I think for a bit and fold. He shows me Q9 for a flopped two pair. Good read by me although it cost me 700 to see where I was at. $2375 left now and not too comfortable with my stack. I need a big hand to push with as the next level brings antes into the equation, I will only have an M of 4 in 13 minutes so I need to get in there with something, not the 26 offsuit I just got dealt though!

Key Hand 6
Late in level 3
Limped in early position with 99, loads more limps then an all in from the button for about 3000. I think for a while and know I should be pushing here but I fold as does everyone else. I think I'm playing a bit weak and turning down races which annoys me secretly.

Key Hand 7
I have 33 in EP and limp again, more limps then then flop comes 752. It gets checked around and I check too. I think maybe I should have pushed here after everyone showing weakness but I don't. A LP player takes the pot on the turn with a large bet which probably meant he had King high or some other high cards. I'm now under 2000 in chips and the antes are just round the corner. I think my desire to go deep is making me play scared poker. I vow to improve and show some guts!

Key Hand 8
Level 4 52 mins left, 100/200 + 25 ante
Oh dear the antes are in, I drop to $1650 then I pick up KT off in late position. I push (or place) all my chips in and am called by a massive stack with 65 suited. The flop brings a ten and the turn another one so I double up to $3625. Phew! From 2706 players there's now 1460 left. The antes really get things moving quickly.

Key Hand 9
Level 4 41 mins left
I have KK in EP and raise to 900. The short stack goes all in for about 500 with a T7 or similar. He doesn't improve a I knock him out and increase my stack to 4500.

Key Hand 10
I have AK off UTG, I raise to 700 in an effort to win the blinds and antes really. I get two callers and the flop comes raggy. The callers know I'm tight and play big cards so I think if I make a standard continuation bet they may have the balls to come over the top and take it away. I check and sure enough one of them bets big and forces me to fold. Again maybe I should have stuck some chips in to see where I was at. Down to $3675 now and getting tired. I had an energey drink a while back which was good at the time but now I feel worse. 22 minutes before the next break so I need to hold it together and try and drag another pot before then.

Key Hand 11
Level 5, 150/300 (25), $2500 left!
The player to my right goes all in for his last 2000 and I call him with AQo. He has K6 and gets his king on the turn but that gives me a straight as TJX fell on the flop. He's out and I have $5600 now which feels much better. Only 960 players left and 270 getting paid, so I begin to feel pretty good! Soon after I have to fold 33 in mid position after a raise and and all in so I'm down to $5125 with 930 players left. The average stack is about $7000 so I'm doing ok.

No comments: