Thursday, June 26, 2008

Some Poker Action on the Horizon

After slogging my guts out at work the last few days I've now got some poker to look forward to. I've got a barbeque to go to on Saturday, and the host says if it rains we'll go inside and play some poker or pool for money. Come on the rain! I will ensure I don't look too keen to play poker as the other guests may think (wrongly) I'm good in some way. I don't want to scare away any new players, especially at this particular barbie because the host has a few quid and I would guess his mates do too. My stories of World Series (non) glory will have to be kept firmly under wraps.

I joined Full Tilt today via Raketherake as I'm missing our American cousins on Party, Pacific, Betfair and Virgin. I tried Pokerstars the other month but wasn't impressed by the graphics or the feel of the site. I must say my favourite site at present is Betfair - The graphics are good and I like the fact I can deposit using Paypal. The only problem is the traffic is low. If the site got an extra 10,000 players it would really be a great site. I also like Party still although I have no rakeback deal there so I'm hoping to use Full Tilt as opposed to Party. I have to work again today then it's the footie tonight so I still wont be able to play.

I'm looking at some live play next week in London. I'm on a course on Wednesday and Friday up there so I think I'll catch the 6pm Empire crapshoot on Wednesday and check out The Loose Cannon fifteen quid tourney on Friday. I'd like to play in the new Loose Cannon league on Thursdays but can't next week due to a football project I run. Just another example of work getting in the way of poker. I'll report on the barbie game (I hope) and the live action next week.

No comments: