Thursday, June 19, 2008

WSOP Event 27 Cont'd......

Key Hand 4
Level 3 41 mins left 100/200
I have pocket 8's in the Big blind, I call raise to 600 hoping to hit a set, in hindsight 6/7 times I don't want to see a flop here so I should have re raised I think. Anyway the flop isn't too bad for my 8's - 339 with two diamonds. I check this flop and the raiser bets 1000, I fold thinking he may have a higher pocket pair. Now I'm reading this I'm thinking what was I playing at? The late position raiser was more than likely coming in with A9 - AK, KQ, maybe KJ or any pair. After that flop I'm beating many of his likely hands so I should have raised his 1000 flop bet. The problem was that any raise I make in this position was committing all my chips to this hand so if I'm wrong and he has AA, KK, QQ, JJ,TT, or 99 that's me done. I think a better player would have raised here. Maybe I was playing scared poker here or maybe my instincts were spot on...

No comments: