Sunday, September 13, 2009

Horse, Wind and Fire

I took the wife to a home game last night where the host repeatedly gets the structure of his tournaments wrong. He hates playing crapshoots so if you bust out early you spend the next three hours listening to his annoying wife questioning every single poker rule going. We started with 1500 chips and 20 minute blinds which started at 1 & 2! Add to that we spent the first hour talking about work and we were in for a long night. I had terrible wind so at least I had something to entertain me, especially as I don't think shitting your pants every few minutes is allowed in their house.

Needless to say I bust out with top pair/ kicker when the host had aces, but the tourney was only ten quid and the wife took it down so we made a profit.

If I thought the Hold 'em tourney was slow then I was in for a treat - we spent the next three hours playing a HORSE tourney. This would have been a pleasurable new experience but for the fact that every rule had to be explained multiple times, and I was getting drunk. I just sat there and noisily farted before bubbling and going home.

No comments: