Monday, June 29, 2009

Good Old Doyle...

I'm sure Doyle won't mind me quoting his blog here. One of my things to do in Vegas this year is pin that man down for a photograph with me..

'The WSOP should have some kind of hygiene rule. I’ve sat next to players that make you want to gag. Perhaps they should have cards for everyone that signs up that say bathe at least once a day. A few of the dealers need the same advice also because if you are in the 1st or last seat, you are right up against them.'

'I’m going to bed early so I can get to the dentist in the morning. I’m watching a movie about the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor and a question came to mind. Why do the kamikaze pilots wear helmets?'

Doyle you're a legend.

*************

I'm having a crack at the PKR Open tonight, I entered one of the lottery satellites for $2 and won my $20 entry by 'beating off' 150 players. 600 players, $2500 1st place should do very nicely to take to Vegas next week. I'm also playing a few cooler tournaments on Virgin, still trying to grind out my rakeback there, as I've got to generate 100 Euros before they'll pay me. Buggers.

*PKR Open Update* - I busted in 90th position, ten short of cash. I played OK although lost my bottle by folding in a three handed pot for all my chips with the third nut flush draw. When I say it like that it was probably a good laydown, although I would have made my draw and won. I finished even in the Virgin five Euro coolers which I can't complain about.

Off poker, I had a phone call from my old boss warning me off head hunting any more staff to my new team. I felt like giving him a mouthful as it was partially his fault I left, but I thought 'What's the point? It's Vegas in three days!' That place even helps my career...
I've just introduced my new team to the pleasures of Backgammon. They can all play but have no clue how to play the doubling cube. At the moment I'm 36-4 up in a 100 point game for forty quid with the sicko gambler on the team. I love easy money....