Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Turbo King & Clive Sinclair

Alas 'The Turbo King' does not refer to me - it's a title a player at The Empire gave himself last night when he decimated my stack with his A8 vs my AQ when he hit an 8 on the river. This particular player is your typical gobby youngster who does OK at the small tournies, but most of what comes out of his mouth is pure boll*cks. I usually tolerate him as I know he'll overplay his Ace rag hands and I'll get some chips off him but last night he went on and on about his A8 so I lost it for a moment and told him 'I don't give a f*ck.' etc etc. I told him he wouldn't wind me up but he already had. I've got to get smarter and be calm at the table otherwise people will take advantage.

Anyway I came 13th out of 27th in the crapshoot for no money, but at least I met the Inventor of the Sinclair Spectrum Sir Clive Sinclair! He plays at the Empire loads and is a very respectable gent. I didn't mention the Sinclair C5 for obvious reasons...

No comments: