Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Empire Donk Fest...

I took my new colleagues up The Empire last night for the hairy crapshoot. The wife came too which which worked out very well. The boys enjoyed the tournament and we had a great night.
There wasn't too much to say about my poker, I busted out when my AQ couldn't hit against Jacks, and I lost 80 quid on 1/2 NL when my AQ hit top pair on the flop and I overplayed it against someone with aces - bugger.

The good news is that the wife tore the place up and got heads up with one of my colleagues (Meatball). They chopped it for 520 each which means as a couple we were 320 quid up on the night, 300 after expenses. I love the fact that the wife cashes all the time as it subsidises her part time income, but it's a bit embarrassing as I'm the 'big player' who plays online every day and has played at the WSOP.... I should stake the wife all the time and go and play Keno, I might make more money!

Good luck to Jimbo and Amatay out there in Vegas, I'll be out there to see the last few tables of the Main Event and do some star spotting. Not long to go now!

1 comment:

Daly said...

hello mate good to see another blogger playing on pkr, can you link my blog? i have linked yours!

http://pkrblogger.blogspot.com/