Sunday, June 28, 2009

Grim Up North..

The saying is generally true. I can say that because my whole family come from 'Up North' and I've just got back from a weekend of cups of tea, beer and visits to family. I even met a few previously unknown family members, one of which was about 25 stone. No poker over the weekend as it would have been rude, although I did play a bit of cash on Stars on the train back as there was free Wi-Fi.

I'm counting the days until Las Vegas as always. The good thing is there aren't many days left!

The garden took a beating last night in a storm. One of my three cabbages was eaten by the wife and some greenfly (50/50, which I thought was fair) and the runner beans are being attacked by blackfly. The spuds are still being dug up and eaten but the peas never see the plate as I eat them straight away.

I'm hoping to go to the Empire this week with my work colleages to take it down for a nice score..

No comments: