Saturday, January 17, 2009

Time for a Re Think..

I'm officially on a down swing. I can't seem to bag a win at the moment. My bankroll is shrinking and I can't see anything I can do to turn it around.

I'm playing ok although I think I'm a bit too aggressive. I find myself pushing as opposed to raising because I'm scared I will be drawn out on, then of course someone wakes up with a hand good enough to bust me. I would class myself as tight / mega aggressive. It's clearly not doing it for me so I need to sit back and think about what I'm doing wrong. Curiously enough I see Jimbo is having similar trouble to me although his buy ins are bigger. After reading his blog (Magical Mystery Tour - Link to the right) I see that stress at work may be to blame. That may be a reason that my game is moving in the wrong direction. What's upsetting is there's not much I can do about work, I'm happy to have a job that's fairly secure.

I'm going to drop my buy ins to no more than $5 so if my online accounts are going to be drained at least it'll take a while longer. When my worm starts to turn up I'll raise the stakes and get back into it. Internet poker has definitely got tougher though...

No comments: