Monday, January 12, 2009

Schoolboy Error in the Bankroll Department

My Pokerstars adventure has begun with a few $10 cooler SNGs, the odd $6 heads up match and a $10 MTT thrown in for good measure. Despite a massive 200,000 players on the site and dreams of shooting fish in an electronic barrel my results have been fairly poor.
I only stuck $75 on the site which I've managed to turn into about $35 in a week or two.

Yes, I hear you all shouting about having 100 buy ins for SNGs and 50 buy ins for MTTs, and this example demonstrates the point well. If I'd put $1000 on the site and was down to $960 there would be no panic at all, I'd be finding my feet on the site, doing a bit of datamining on my regular opponents and looking forward to a rush of results to get me to Vegas in style...... as it is I'm probably going to have to deposit again soon, which doesn't feel good at all for me. The problem is having that $1000 to stick on a poker site in the first place. Maybe I will always be a small fish.........

On New Year's eve I spent the day booking up my next Las Vegas adventure, with a stop over at Niagra Falls to prove to myself I'm not a Vegas addict (who am I kidding?) It's getting expensive to get over to Vegas now on Virgin, but I have a load of airmiles to use so I get a discount. If it gets any dearer I'll have to sell a kidney to fly Premium Economy both ways next year (Maybe the wife will sell one too and we'll go Upper Class).

I'm hoping for some live action this Friday, either at the 'G' in Thanet or The Empire in London. I cashed in third place last time I played at the Empire and should have won it so I'll probably end up there for another hairy crapshoot. You'll see me railing the wife who will be on the final table, I'm the bloke who works out all the deals to even out the payscale.

Profit / (Loss) - Both live and online
Cash - $631
Single Tables - $1290
Multi Tables - ($924)
Total - $997

No comments: