Monday, January 19, 2009

PKR Forum Invitational

Something I like about PKR is they throw in a freeroll every now and then that's actually worth playing in. I'm in one tonight where the starting stack depends on how many times I've posted on the PKR forum. I've not been too active on their forum as I prefer the Hendonmob, so I've got a rock bottom 1000 chips to work with. There are a couple of PKR employees on there as bounties too, which makes it interesting if you can get on their tables.
1st place pays $250 which given my current run of form will be a most welcome boost to my bankroll.

I'm looking forward to a bit of live action this week. I'm due to be playing at The Empire on Thursday, and I'm on a team meeting (drink) in London on Friday where if it isn't going too well I may well slide off to The Loose Cannon. I really hope the Loose Cannon boosts it's player numbers so I can be assured of a game every night, as the venue is fantastic apart from the lack of players.

There's a brand new home game starting up at one of my ex colleague's houses on Saturday. I've heard he's loaded as he has a rich wife, so either I'll have my pants pulled down and be walking home or I'll be coming out with plently of hard earned cash. If all goes well I'll be playing live poker three days in a row for the first time since Las Vegas in June.

No comments: