Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Truly Miserable Week.

I promise I will end this post on a happy note!

What an awful week. I upset my big boss on Tuesday during a miserable meeting, where I was tired, hacked off with politics, back to work too soon and trying to defend my empire I've spent five years building. I'll probably be moved somewhere I don't want to go now, which is my fault for not being a yes man. At least I know I stand up for what I believe in.....

I was really looking forward to the weekend. I was either going to go to Thanet on Friday night, or The Empire Leicester Square on Saturday and/or Sunday for their afternoon tourney. Instead I spent the weekend in bed with a rotten cold watching Charlton lose 2-5, and sacking their manager. I managed to play a few online games on Virgin and Betfair and got hit by river four outers a few times before turning the system off in disgust. I find it hard to take solace in the fact that I'm getting the chips in as a massive favourite when someone hits their miracle deuce, but I know I must.

The highlight of the weekend was watching ESPN's coverage of the WSOP final table. I thought there were some very nervous plays and questionable all ins from the players. It was very entertaining though. I was glad Dennis Philips got third after nearly blowing it on the first few hands. I wish he'd have taken it down as he'd probably been a bit happier than Eastgate about it. Next year I will spend $500 on trying to qualify for the main event. Instead of going to the pub a few times I'll load up Full Tilt and try and get a seat. (Who am I kidding I'll go to the pub first and do it drunk!)

In the imortal words of D-Ream "Things can only get better!"

1 comment:

DungBeetle said...

Chin up mate! Loose Cannon Xmas party looks fun on 20th Dec if you fancy it? Rake free all day.

Jimbo