Saturday, November 8, 2008

Gotta Love 'Em

I had a bit of time on my hands the other day at a week long training seminar thingy and the conversation got onto poker. A few lads wanted to learn how to play hold 'em and a few had played lots, or so they said. One in particular said he'd played far too much and got bored with it so he didn't play anymore. Bored with poker?? I've heard of people losing their roll, having a gambling problem or being so rubbish there was no pleasure attached, but getting bored with poker? Never heard that one. Over the course of a few days I listened to the stuff coming out of this bloke's mouth and found out that he'd been playing pub poker in various six week leagues for prizes equating to a night away in a Travelodge in Skegness. No wonder he was bored with it the twat. He was by chance an awful player and soon refused to play as, you've guessed it, he was bored......
I'm still recovering from my nasty bike accident but am going back to work next week. I'm keen to get back into work and normal life, I also want to give the new International Club (Gutshot version two) a try and will report back on it.

No comments: