Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Empire Hairy Crapshoot

I ended up at The good old Empire tonight for the £20 rebuy. It was busy, with 50 runners and a very quick blind structure. There was far too much Sputnik, Camel breath and chest hair around but some truly awful players too, which kind of evens it up.

I didn't rebuy but took the add on to give me a measily 2000 chips when the freezeout started with blinds at 100/200. I held on until I got KK and pushed with 1500, got called by T4 and doubled up which was nice. From there I had a few hands and pushed preflop a few times, taking down blinds totaling 900, 900 then 1500 twice. That saw me to the final table where it was a real crapshoot. I ended up all in in the big blind with KJs, my only caller flopped a boat and that was it. I had nothing to push with prior to that and it seemed that there was someone all in every hand so I held on.

A prize of £180 for 5th was OK, although I thought I could have got a bit further with a hand or two on the final table. £140 profit a night will do me though!

No comments: