Thursday, November 27, 2008

Another Empire Hairy Crapshoot

I've gone and done it, tried the hairy crapshoot again and had a diffucult tournament. I played two hands, they being AQ and AK, banged my chips in both times, got called by 22 and 44, lost both times to sets (even though they didn't need them), then got the train home. Not much to write about but I'll have a go.

The players at The Empire crapshoot are so bad it hurts. Now I like playing against bad players, but this lot think they know it all because they saw some poker on TV once. No one could shuffle or deal last night so a bloke said he would do it as he had dealt before. I could have done it but all that work for no tips? No way. So the 'dealer' starts off with a mis deal and proceeds to start a long conversation in Russian with the pig sitting opposite him (they've really relaxed the membership requirements at the Empire). Good start. Later on a player makes a call, someone goes all in and the limper finds he has no cards. The 'dealer' has taken his cards and mucked them as he hasn't protected them, the limper then takes his bet back as he has no cards! I sit there in despair but I'm not in the hand so I keep quiet. It's not good for blood pressure getting involved.....
To cut a long story short I was almost glad to get busted out. That's probably the worst 60 quid I've ever spent.....

No comments: