Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Rare Experience for me..

I played the 20 quid rebuy at The Empire on Friday night and found myself in a strange position for a while - having a nice chip stack...

Hand 1
I pick up pocket fives in mid position with the blinds at 25/25. I raise to 50 to get a bit more money in there in case I hit my set. I get re raised to 125 by a bloke I put on AK - AT. I call and we see a flop of 6,7,8 rainbow. I bet 250 hoping to take it down there and the re raiser dwells for a while for effect and goes all in. I now put him on an overpair. I count my outs and I may have about 40% in this situation. I decide to have a gamble with my open ended straight draw and call. He has Queens. A lovely 4 comes on the turn and I double up to about 2000.

Hand 2
With the blinds at 50/100 I pick up pocket tens and raise to 250. I get called by a truly awful poker player who happens to be a pleasant person. The flop comes rags and I overbet the pot by pushing all in as I'm concerned about overcards hitting on the turn and river. The fish insta calls and shows pocket sixes which don't improve. I'm up to about 4000 chips.

When the break comes I add on and I have nearly 6000 to play with and I just know I'll blow the lot and fail to cash. Sure enough I go completely card dead after the break and get blinded down, then push with 76 offsuit and get called by two blokes with AT. My live cards couldn't help when an Ace flopped and I was out in 19th/49. Bugger. At least I've got Wednesday's game to look forward to - I'm taking my work colleagues up there so they can play live poker for the first time. Even if I don't cash it should be a laff!


Guess the Location!

No comments: