Monday, May 18, 2009

Hard Work in Currys

I bought a new laptop to take to work from Curry's at the weekend. It's a nice little Samsung 10". The price was 350 quid which I thought was ok. The thing was, if I'd listened to the Curry's salesperson and had everything he said I needed I would have spent closer to a grand. He reminded me of a double glazing salesman who just wouldn't let it go. I'll list what he tried to sell me ;

1. External DVD player - 60 quid
2. Carrycase - 20 quid (you get one in the box)
3. Insurance - 5 quid a month (covered on household insurance)
4. Norton 360 - 60 quid (Macaffe installed already and I think antivirus software is a conspiracy anyway)
5. MS Office - Hundreds of pounds (I have this already..)
6. Digital storage vault - I can't believe he tried to charge for this when I can get that free

I feel sorry for old people who go in there and don't know any better, they must come out with a load of stuff they don't need and then freeze to death over the winter when they don't turn on the three bar fire. Maybe I should start a service up where I go to Currys with folks and help them get just what they need. I would have to charge them for my time of course, but they'd still be saving money.

*******************************

On a separate note I stayed in the Comfort Inn in Arundel on Saturday night, it was mouldy, cheap and nasty. If you go to Arundel stay at the Travel Inn nearby.

On the subject of poker, I'm concerned to see the Loose Cannon gas shut for a few weeks, and I'm seriously considering going to The Empire Tuesday for a bit of live action. I can't seem to win online at the moment, so my plans of increasing the bankroll before Vegas are looking like a failure. On the subject of Vegas I've got seven weeks to go and I can't wait!!!!!!


Profit / (Loss) - Both live and online
Cash - $815
Single Tables - $1710
Multi Tables - $44
Total - $2569

2 comments:

DungBeetle said...

Hello Scampman - I have relocated to the International while the LC are sorting their issues out. The tournament structures are much better there than the Empire (although the opposition is stronger)

From reading your blog I imagine the £50 Freezeout on a Thursday is probably up your street. They get 90 runners and it is dealer dealt.

Pop down if you fancy it - I'll be there this week with the Volcano.

Jimbo

Amatay said...

linked