Sunday, April 26, 2009

Junk Mail Revenge + 100BB Straight Flush

One of my bug bears is junk mail, either through the door or in the inbox. Don't get me wrong I know businesses have to advertise, but filling my letterbox or mailbox with crap and trying to sucker me into sending money to Nigeria annoys me. This is what I do;

Junk through the door - I keep it for when one of the junk senders encloses a freepost envelope, they I send as much as I can fit in back to them.

Junk in the Inbox - I put the junk mail emails in a special folder, then when I get a new junk message, I send them the contents of that folder.

Give it a go, it will feel good I promise!

*******************************

My 100 Big Blind win sounds great until I tell you it was a 0.05 /0.1c table on PKR.

I had JT of spades in the SB and called a 35c raise from UTG+1. The flop was QK of spades and a low heart. The raiser bet 70c, I thought about calling to see what happens on the turn but I knew if another spade came it might kill the action. I pushed all in on the straight flush draw and the raiser insta called with aces. The gorgeous 9 of spades came on the turn to give me the stone cold (second) nuts, and the best hand I've ever had.
I was a bit put out that PKR took $1.99 in rake for that hand, although I did get a free entry into a WSOP side event satellite, which pays $4.5k to the winner. I suppose that's worth the rake. I play that on Sunday, and hope to be telling you about my glorious victory!

No comments: