Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nearly got to The Loose Cannon

I was all up for Super Saturday at the Loose Cannon then things conspired to keep me away from Roy, David and Sonny et al. I decided to get the skirting boards off in the kitchen so I can lay the flooring, and proceeded to rip half a plasterboard wall away. I felt obliged to sort it out instead of leaving it for the wife to find when she comes in. A few hours later and I'm too tired to trudge up town.

Instead I play the final phase on PKR, first place $700, four places paid. This single table tourney will take at least two hours as we've been going 51 minutes and we've only lost one so far. I'm down to 2100 from 2500 after being shafted on the river when a real fish hit trips for an 1100 pot. The good or bad news will be posted later.........

......................... Still playing after 1hr 24 mins, eight left now, I've had pocket Aces twice and only won the blinds after 3x BB raises. I can't bring myself to limp with Aces, as I can't bear to fold them later on in the hand. I'm up to $2800, but blinds are 100/200...........

........... Down to seven after two AA vs KK confrontations in a row, the kings won the first pot then the same player (ForFoxSake) won the second pot with AA. Quite exciting!

...............................Up to 2nd in chips after pushing with 77, getting called by someone with JJ and hitting a gorgeous 7 on the flop. I was forced into making a move with blinds at 150/300 and a stack of 1800. It's nice to be on the other side of suckout for a change! Six players left, I need to lock up 4th for $200 then push on for 1st. Come on!!!

..................Went down to $2000 after calling an all in with AT when the other player hit with his KQ, then I found 99 on the button, pushed and was called by AJ, I has to sweat a straight draw of course, but he missed and I was back to about $4100. Next hand I played a pot against the dangerous and tricky chip leader with K5, I hit second pair on the flop and he played his third pair timidly to lose a $2500 pot. I'm up to $6500 now and back to 2nd in chips, come on again!!!!

............... And now I'm out, I busted 6th after pushing on the button with AQs, being called by the big blind with AK and losing, then losing with A5 vs AQ. It's a coincidence that the wife came in and I went out just after I'm sure, but it happens all the time. It's like my concentration is broken by being disturbed. What a sucker punch. I've now gone from thinking what bottle of wine I'm having to celebrate from drowning my sorrows in the bottom of a pint glass. At least that whole thing only cost me $4.

No comments: