Saturday, March 14, 2009

Home Game Big Bad Monkey

I had a ten player home game last night with a strong field. The poker was pretty poor for me as I played badly, had no cards and had worked 85 hours last week so I was a zombie.

I was tournament director of course which is a thankless task. I was criticised for being too fussy when players were ;
String betting
Acting out of turn
Not paying attention
Showing cards when dealing.
I wasn't criticised however when I was sorting out multiple side pots, handing out the prizes or making the f*cking onion bahjees. I was also asked make several rulings here and there, so it's clear the players want to have the rules enforced, but only when it suits them.
My view is that without the rules we'd have anarchy, which is OK when we're not playing for money. When money is involved we need clear written down rules, which my lot will have next time.

No comments: