Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting into Mano a Mano...

I've been busy at work and at home the last week or so which means my usual 4 tables on $10 SNGs on Betfair or Party have to wait. I can't guarantee that I will be left to concentrate for a whole hour at home, so if I played I would be struggling and if I bust out of all four I'm in danger of blaming the family for disturbing me (maybe I should blame the bottle of Pinot Grigio I've just necked instead eh?).
The solution for me has been to play some $5 heads up matches one at a time so I can concentrate. If I get disturbed and donk off all my chips it's only the price of a small donner or pint of grog so it's not the end of the world. I've done ok so far playing 16 tourneys on Virgin, Full Tilt and Betfair. I've won 11 out of 16 for an ROI of 30% and profit of $33, which is ok as the stakes are so low. What I have noticed is the rake if quite high so the rakeback deals I have at Full Tilt and Betfair are important. I need to win two out of three to show a small profit. If I was winning just half the tourneys the poker site would slowly bleed my bankroll of course, the buggers. I'm not going to get into rake on this post as I want to play some more poker.....

Profit / (Loss)
Online Cash (273)
Online SNGs 1164
Online Multi tables (65)
Live Cash 821
Live SNGs 0
Live Multi Table tournaments 552
Live 'Pro' tournaments + Satellites (1840)
Home Games 100
Total $459 up

No comments: