Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Ups and Downs of Buying in Short

Whilst the wife was watching Strictly Come Dancing at the O2 I slid off to The Empire in Leicester Square for a bit of £1/2 NL Hold 'em. I played for two hours, and it was looking bad after I donked off £60 on my second hand on the table when I completed the small blind with 58o, hit a five on the raggy flop, stuck £20 in there then stupidly called an all in to someone with a set. Glad I only had 60 quid on the table...

I bought in for another £60 and tightened up, eventually I flopping a set with KK in the hole & managing to get it all in against someone who tried to muscle me with his KQo. His line when I caled was 'If you've got ace king you've got me.' He seemed quite upset when I showed him he was drawing practically dead. Needless to say I doubled up and wished I had more than 60 quid on the table...

During the session I had a few hands here and there, but didn't get paid off with them as my image was too tight, and I feared being outdrawn so I bet and raised too much.
At one point I folded Queens preflop to a raise, call and re raise because the re raise was from a super tight player and it felt like aces. The fact that he did have aces made me feel life a poker god for a few minutes. I finished £70 up for the session which helps me forget that in general I am a no limit fish of the highest order.

Profit / (Loss) - Both live and online
Cash - $771
Single Tables - $1245
Multi Tables - ($824)
Total - $1192

No comments: