Sunday, February 15, 2009

Poker Winnings Spending Record

I read somewhere that you should always buy yourself something so you can say 'Poker bought me that' so with last Thursday's 430 quid* profit I'll make a record of what I spend it on.

Takeaway curry - 25 pounds
Petrol - 50 pounds
A plastic greenhouse - 15 pounds
Two CO alarms - 20 pounds
New hose pipe with bits missing - 40 pounds
Food shopping + Beer - 100 pounds

Running total - 250 pounds spent in three days, and all I've got to show for it is a plastic greenhouse that will probably blow away, a new hosepipe, the knowledge that I wont be poisoned in the night (if I put the CO alarms up) and an ever growing beer belly. I vow to do something more useful with the rest of the money, like enter more poker tournaments.

* I should explain for some unknown reason my pound sign key doesn't work on my computer so I have to say pounds or quid etc. It's the computer as opposed to the keyboard.
Dollar signs work fine.

No comments: