Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The PKR Bug Has Got Me

Yesterday I entered a $6 satellite for the $12.5k PKR open last night. There were 100 players, with 16 getting a seat. I came 16th, as I knew the bubble has been broken and I went all in with AK versus the monster that is KJ. I got a seat and was looking forward to the $3200 1st place in the PKR Open. Out of 443 players I came 243rd when my pair of tens ran into flopped trips and I made my signature 'first to act all in play which can only be called by a hand that beats me.'
Why do I keep making that fishy play???? I've gone out of a load of tournaments recently like that, at the weekend I went out of a tourney with 88 in the hole, 2,6,4 of spades on the board and an opponent who'd flopped the 2nd nut flush. Aaaaarrrrrghhhhhh!

I am liking PKR more and more. The ranking system, forum, PKR stats page and range of tournaments appeals to me. Designing my character reminds me of a role playing game where the better you do the more goodies you unlock. I might get a tattoo soon.......

If you want to give PKR a try click one of the banners above or to the right. There's a 100% sign up bonus that's easy to grab if you decide to play for cash, or you can just practice on the free tables and see what I'm going on about.

On a separate note I'm cooking my world famous Croc Pot Beef Vindaloo today. Here's the recepie ;

Beef Rump
Onions
Potatoes
Carrotts
Peppers
Fresh Chillies
Fresh Corriander
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper (not the 80's group who sang Push It)
Garam Massala
More Corriander
Tin of choppped tomatoes
Oxo
Cumin
Garlic
Ginger
Loads of other spices I bought in a set
Water
Hot Curry Powder

Throw it all in the Croc Pot, stir it up and leave for about seven hours. Serve with rice or jacket spud. Beef Vindaloo, done.

No comments: