Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Daily Bonus Grind

I need to keep the thought in my mind that online poker is a hobby that I enjoy. If I thought it as a job I would be earning less than a tea boy in a far Eastern sweat shop. I've been playing the $0.25/$0.50 limit tables on Full Tilt to grind out my bonus in $19.38 portions. I've got two portions so far and have managed to make a (very) small profit on the tables. My hourly rate is about $2, and I've had to put in what seems like days to get as far as I have. Still, it is a hobby and not work, and thank f*** it isn't work as I'd be living in a box.

Changing the subject slightly I managed to get hold of a Wii Fit the other day and I must say I'm impressed. You get Yoga, Muscle workouts, balancing games and aerobic exercises and loads of fun games to play while you're getting fit (in theory). My favourite is the Ski jump where my mate came round and beat my record on his first attempt. He got 275 Metres which if you've got the Wii Fit you'll understand is not to shabby. Whether I'll have the body of an Adonis in a few weeks is doubtful, especially as I'm about to open a nice bottle of Chablis..........

Since I came 3rd in a PKR tourney I've steadily lost there, nearly losing all of the $135 prize. Easy come easy go I suppose! I still love the site though. I'll do my figures after my first glass of that chilled grape juice....may the poker gods smile on your cards....

1 comment:

MrDickie said...

Hi Scamp,
Just stumbled accross your blog.
If you like PKR sign up at www.pkrnation.com. We have a private tourney that runs every Sunday at 9pm GMT. $3 buy-in, 3k chips and 10 min blinds.
Mr Dickie