Monday, September 22, 2008

The Two Sides of the NHS

Since my nasty bike accident on Thursday I've been off work and playing a bit of online poker on Full Tilt to grind out my bonus. I've been on the low limit cash tables and made a small profit. In the last few days I've been itching to get back to work as I know my lads depend on me to an extent and there's loads of stuff that will just wait until I get back. This makes me realise that the life of a full time online poker player could become a bit boring. Yes it would be great to make a load of cash but it may become a bit of a grind, especially during the downswings. I'll stick to what I'm doing now, working and playing socially and as a hobby, hoping to be able to step up a few levels and keep a bankroll going.

Anyway to the title of this article. On Thursday I went to A&E and got a first class service, very quick, caring and professional. I got told to go and see my GP today so he could check out the gash on my elbow to see if I needed a skin graft. The GP confirmed it was healing ok but looked dazed and confused when the wound needed re dressing. He started mumbling that the nurse only works mornings and put the old, bloody dressing back on the wound! Not very professional I think. After a bit of prompting he gave me some dressings for me to put on at home which I suppose helps, but could he not bear to stoop as low as sticking a bandage on for me there?

No comments: