Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sending Me Over the Edge

Everyone was away this weekend apart from my faithful hound, so what did I do? Instead of going to the pub and getting smashed or going to the Empire to play some cash poker with reckless abandon I decided to have a good crack at finishing the en suite shower and sink fitting. I was doing really well when at about 8pm Friday night I thought about stopping work for beer. I decided to work on, and managed to break a waste pipe that was behind a toilet and couldn't be got to without removing half a wall. I've been feeling a bit run down for a while and have had a three month long cold (which must be some kind of record), so once I realised the gravity of what I'd done I had no option but to burst into tears and ring my Mum. Not once did I think 'I'm nearly 40, should I really be bawling over a fucking pipe?'
Anyway to cut a long story shortish my Brother came round and we spent four hours fixing the pipe, so now I'm back to where I started with a wall to rebuild.

I suppose it goes to show getting drunk and playing poker is much less stressful than DIY. Curiously enough I nearly won a PKR break thru tourney that night after a bottle of Chablis, so I guess it's not all bad news.

No comments: