Saturday, August 23, 2008

Still Getting Shafted...

I had a home game last night with friends and family. Unfortunately there were more women than men there so the poker went painfully slow as the talk about shopping and f***ing kitchen utensils took precedence.
The Father in law started shouting at his wife early on which was embarrassing and set the tone for the evening, the wife was pre menstrual which is never a good thing, and I was getting annoyed at one of our new players who couldn't get it into her head what 'check' meant and why we had to put blinds in.
I was becoming increasingly frustrated and was accused of being stroppy when I had to raise my voice to get a player to put her blinds in, and I had to explain why we have blinds for the 50th time to that person. It was hard work and what made it worse was I was losing. I hit a set of kings on the flop only to lose to a rivered flush, and tried to bluff a sucker who of course wouldn't have laid down two napkins never mind two pair.

I lost about 25 quid and the wife won about that so not a disaster, but I'm glad that one is over....

No comments: