Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Wishes

Well that's the hard bit over anyway. Christmas came and went with only one family incident, when I nearly smacked my Father in law over the rules of shoot pontoon and the fact that whilst taking my money he was making up new rules when he felt like it. For the sake of the other people in the room and the fact that I'm not usually violent I resisted the temptation to flip the living room table over and walk out.

In a gambling sense I'm making a small profit at live Backgammon at lunch times, and I haven't played any poker for over a while. It looks as if I'll be down at poker in 2009 but not by much. I've decided to play more live poker, so it looks like it's The Empire, The Vic and dare I say it The Loose Cannon for me. I really hope Roy and the others get back into regular poker at the Cannon, as it really is a fantastic venue. I was glad to read Jimbo finished the year in profit, I've made a mental note to be very wary of playing the Dungbeetle in cash games due to some of the crazy hands I've read about.

It looks like we're giving Vegas a break from us in 2010. Needless to say if I go somewhere where there's no poker and I spend the same amount of money I will not be a happy bunny.

My New Year's resolutions are ;
1. Run most of the Marathon and don't cheat.
2. Don't booze for the first 3 weeks
3. Play lots of live poker
4. Finish the ensuite bathroom
5. Lose some weight.

Happy New Year all.

No comments: