Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Trouble with Jock...

I intended on playing at The Empire Thursday night but I had a nightmare journey up there, arrived late and lost the desire to play.
I intended on playing at the Loose Cannon on Friday but I got wasted in The Porterhouse in an 11 hour booze fest instead.
I intended on playing at the Loose Cannon on Saturday but had to stay in bed until 5pm because of the aforementioned 11 hour session.

I did manage to get to a home game at a colleague's house last night. On the way the wife ordered me to keep quiet about string bets, verbal declarations, poor dealing, slow rolling etc, etc so I vowed to keep my mouth shut. There were six of us playing and the standard of play was pretty low. We played two tournaments, I won one and the wife won the other for a nice 70 quid profit.

Unfortunately there was a not very drunk gay Jock there who started off loud, got louder and became more and more abusive. The host's two kids were trying to sleep which I think they would have without the Jock screaming every time an ace came on the flop. As well as nearly breaking two chairs by being an arse, calling my wife a fucking dirty bitch more times than I can remember(for no reason) and continually slow rolling he made some classic comments that if he'd made them at my house he would have been thrown out in an instant. The worst one was 'Shut the fuck up you cunts of I'll come up there and ruin you!' - to host's kids calling for their mum. Now I know kids are annoying on a good day, but threatening to ruin their lives by analy raping them because they can't sleep is a bit harsh.

At one stage Jock came round behind me to look at my cards and grabbed me on the waist, to which I had to tell him in no uncertain terms that he should 'get the fuck away from me.'
When it was time to go I couldn't get out of there quick enough, especially as Jock lives not too far away from us and if I'd given him a lift home I'm sure it would have led to me knocking him out. I felt a bit like a cowboy running out of a Saloon with my winnings before getting shot in the back, but run I had to, and I've never been so happy to get away from a poker game in my life.
Still, 70 quid profit though!

Profit / (Loss) - Both live and online
Cash - $631
Single Tables - $1285
Multi Tables - ($846)
Total - $1070

No comments: